The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched a new scheme called ‘Accelerate Vigyan Scheme’ (AV Scheme) to provide a single platform for research internships, capacity building programs, and workshops across the country.
The primary objective of this inter-ministerial scheme is to give more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower, which can lead to research careers and knowledge-based economy.
SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme is primarily to focus on young potential researchers with an aim to give an opportunity to them to spend quality time in the pre identified premier institution, labs / organizations and empower them through best practices and environment, so that they acquire the requisite skills and vision for undertaking future research assignments requiring high standards.
This will be achieved through two modes of learning, that is high end workshops & research internships. The aim is to reach out to those students from the universities / institutes / recognised colleges, who do not have access and exposure to such facilities and environment.
SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme 2023
SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme 2023 aims to initiate and strengthen mechanisms of identifying research potential, mentoring, training and giving hands-on workshops on a national scale.Recognizing that all research has its base as the development of quality and well-trained researchers, AV will initiate and strengthen mechanisms of identifying research potential, mentoring, training and hands-on workshop on a national scale.
Key Features of Accelerate Vigyan Scheme
- it will provide help in training on national scale and also will identify research potential, mentors.
- The scheme will provide opportunities to almost 25000 doctoral PG students in upcoming five years. and also will set up 10,000 High-end Workshops.
- In order to attain early success, SERB is going to launch an application.
- SERB has already called applications for the process under ABHYAAS scheme for Winter.
- Accelerate Vigyan (AV) Scheme is working on mission mode.
- In order to provide supportsto SERB, The Inter-Ministerial Overseeing Committee (IMOC) has involved scientific ministries and countries. so that AV implemention will be successfully done.
- The AV scheme is also looking for to garner social responsibility for the scientific community.
- Under Av scheme, SAMMOHAN is a new component which has been classified into ‘SAYONJIKA’ and ‘SANGOSHTI’.
Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Application Form
As part of this acceleration drive, there is a plan to organize about 1000 high-end workshops (dedicated to certain themes) to provide opportunities to about 25,000 postgraduate and doctoral students in the next five years, in collaboration with premier scientific institutions and laboratories, said Dr Mehajan. Also, the central coordination of internships in these institutions will provide an opportunity to another 1000 potential postgraduate students every year.
This ABHYAAS will enable and brushing potential of PG / PhD level students by developing dedicated research skills in
selected areas / disciplines / elds. It is done through 2 components namely High-End Workshops (KARYASHALA) and Research Internships (VRITIKA). The last date to submit the completed application form is 2.
Main Components of Accelerate Vigyan Scheme
- ABHYAAS Programme: Under it, AV is inviting applications for the winter season (December 2020-January 2021).
- It is an attempt to boost research and development in the country by enabling and grooming potential PG/PhD students by means of developing their research skills in selected areas across different disciplines or fields.
- It has two components: High-End Workshops i.e. KARYASHALA and Research Internships i.e. VRITIKA.
- This is especially important for those researchers who have limited opportunities, access to facilities and infrastructure.
- SAMMOHAN: It has been sub-divided into SAYONJIKA and SANGOSHTI.
- SAYONJIKA is an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology supported by all government funding agencies in the country.
- SANGOSHTI is a pre-existing program of SERB for the organisation of workshops.
SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Application Form
- Firstly visit the official SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Portal at acceleratevigyan.gov.in
- At the homepage, click at the “ABHYAAS (Skill Development)” section as shown below:-
- Direct Link – https://acceleratevigyan.gov.in/programs/abhyas
- Upon clicking this link, the new page to apply online for Abhyaas components namely Karyashala (High end workshops) and Vritika (Research Internships) will appear as shown below:-
- Karyashala Apply Online – Upon clicking at the “Apply Now” link under Karyashala section, a new page for this component will open where applicants can click at the “Join Now” tab. Then ‘login’ page will open where new applicants can “register as student”. Accordingly, the Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Abhyaas Karyashala online registration form will appear as shown below:-
- Vritika Apply Online – Upon clicking at the “Apply Now” link under Vritika section, a new page for this component will open where applicants can click at the “Join Now” tab. Then ‘login’ page will open where new applicants can “register as student”. Accordingly, the Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Abhyaas Vritika online application form.
Related:- Modi Government Schemes